If you’re a racing enthusiast, Mansfield Speedway is probably already on your radar. The track has a long and storied history, attracting drivers and fans from across the country. But what about those looking to explore the area around the speedway? Specifically, how far is it from Eleanor Avenue, one of Mansfield’s most iconic streets?
The answer might surprise you. While Eleanor Avenue is certainly in Mansfield, it’s actually a bit of a distance from the speedway itself. Those looking to visit both will need to plan their route accordingly. Luckily, there’s plenty to see and do in the area, making it well worth the extra effort.
Ready to learn more about these two iconic Mansfield locations? Keep reading for our guide to the distance between Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue, plus everything you need to know about visiting both.
Plan Your Route: How to Get to Mansfield Speedway from Eleanor Avenue
Ready to visit Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue? Here’s what you need to know to plan your route:
Driving from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway
- Head southwest on Sycamore St toward Stewart Ave
- Turn left onto W 4th St
- Turn right onto S Spring St
- Turn left onto W 1st St
- Turn right onto N Main St
- Continue straight onto Crall Rd
- Turn left onto Crall Rd E
- Turn left onto Mansfield Lucas Rd
- Turn right onto Crall Rd
- Turn left onto W Hanley Rd
- Mansfield Speedway will be on your right
Keep in mind that traffic can be heavy during racing events, so plan accordingly and allow for extra travel time.
Things to Do Near Mansfield Speedway
Want to make the most of your visit to Mansfield Speedway? Check out these nearby attractions:
- The Ohio State Reformatory: This historic prison-turned-museum is just a short drive from Mansfield Speedway and offers tours and exhibits showcasing its unique history.
- Oak Hill Cottage: This beautifully restored mansion and gardens offers a glimpse into life in 19th-century Mansfield.
Where to Stay Near Mansfield Speedway
If you’re planning an overnight stay in the area, there are plenty of lodging options available. Some of our top picks include:
- Hampton Inn Mansfield: This modern hotel offers comfortable accommodations just a short drive from Mansfield Speedway.
- The Mount Vernon Grand Hotel: Located in nearby Mount Vernon, this historic hotel offers a charming and unique stay.
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to plan your trip to Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue. Whether you’re a racing fan or just looking to explore the area, there’s plenty to see and do in Mansfield, Ohio.
Uncover the History of Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue
Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue have a rich history that dates back to the early 1900s. It all started when a group of racing enthusiasts from Mansfield, Ohio, got together to form the Mansfield Speedway Association. Their goal was to build a state-of-the-art speedway that could rival the best in the country. The association bought a piece of land at the corner of Mansfield’s Eleanor Avenue and Bowman Street, and construction began in 1920.
Over the years, Mansfield Speedway hosted numerous events that drew huge crowds of racing fans. It was a popular venue for both local and national races, and it even hosted a few NASCAR events in the 1950s and 1960s. Unfortunately, the speedway struggled financially in the 1970s and closed down in 198Today, the site where the speedway once stood is a housing development, but the legacy of Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue lives on.
The Early Days of Mansfield Speedway
When Mansfield Speedway first opened its doors in 1920, it was one of the most modern speedways in the country. The track was made of concrete and featured high banking, which allowed drivers to reach incredible speeds. The speedway quickly became a popular destination for racing fans and hosted several races each year.
NASCAR Comes to Mansfield Speedway
In the 1950s and 1960s, Mansfield Speedway was a regular stop on the NASCAR circuit. Many of the biggest names in racing, including Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, and David Pearson, competed at the speedway. In 1969, Mansfield Speedway even hosted a race for the NASCAR Grand National Series, which is now known as the NASCAR Cup Series.
The End of an Era
Despite its early success, Mansfield Speedway began to struggle in the 1970s. The rise of other sports and entertainment options, as well as the increasing costs of hosting races, made it difficult for the speedway to turn a profit. In 1981, Mansfield Speedway held its last race and closed its doors for good.
While the speedway may be gone, its impact on the community and the world of racing will never be forgotten. Today, Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue are remembered as important parts of Mansfield’s history and heritage.
Discover the fascinating history of Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue and learn about the impact this iconic speedway had on the world of racing. From its early days as a modern racing venue to its status as a regular stop on the NASCAR circuit, Mansfield Speedway has a story that is sure to captivate and inspire. Keep reading to uncover more about this historic landmark.
The Best Places to Visit Near Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue
If you’re planning a trip to Mansfield Speedway or the Eleanor Avenue area, there are plenty of nearby attractions to explore. Here are some of the best places to visit during your stay:
Richland Carrousel Park
If you’re looking for family-friendly fun, the Richland Carrousel Park is a must-visit destination. This beautifully restored indoor carousel offers rides for all ages, as well as a gift shop and snack bar.
Mohican State Park
Just a short drive from Mansfield Speedway, Mohican State Park offers miles of scenic hiking trails that wind through forests, across streams, and up hills. The park is also home to the stunning Clear Fork Gorge, a must-see for nature lovers.
For those who love the great outdoors, Mohican State Park also offers campsites and cabins for overnight stays. Wake up to the sound of birds and the rustle of leaves, and spend your days exploring the natural beauty of the park.
Little Buckeye Children’s Museum
If you’re traveling with kids, the Little Buckeye Children’s Museum is a perfect destination. This interactive museum features hands-on exhibits and activities that encourage learning and creativity in children of all ages.
Whether you’re a racing enthusiast or just looking for a fun vacation destination, the Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue area has something for everyone. Be sure to check out these nearby attractions to make the most of your visit!
The Ultimate Guide to Racing Events at Mansfield Speedway
Are you a fan of high-speed racing? Look no further than Mansfield Speedway, the premier destination for racing enthusiasts in the Midwest. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to know about racing events at Mansfield Speedway.
From the history of the speedway to the types of races held, and the best times to attend, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
History of Mansfield Speedway
- Mansfield Speedway: Located in Mansfield, Ohio, the speedway first opened in 1959 as a dirt track. In 2004, it was paved and renamed Mansfield Motorsports Park.
- Notable events: The speedway has hosted several notable events over the years, including NASCAR Truck Series races and the ARCA Racing Series.
- Ownership changes: The speedway has had several ownership changes over the years, but it remains a beloved destination for racing fans.
Types of Races Held
- Stock car racing: This is the most popular type of racing held at Mansfield Speedway, with events featuring various types of stock cars, including late models, modifieds, and street stocks.
- Sprint car racing: The speedway also hosts sprint car racing events, which feature high-powered cars that can reach speeds of up to 140 miles per hour.
- Dirt track racing: Although the speedway is now paved, it still hosts dirt track racing events from time to time, providing a unique racing experience for fans.
Best Times to Attend Racing Events
While racing events are held at Mansfield Speedway throughout the year, some events are more popular than others. Here are some of the best times to attend racing events at the speedway:
- Summer months: Many of the most popular events, including the NASCAR Truck Series race, take place during the summer months.
- Weekends: Most racing events are held on weekends, making it easier for fans to attend without having to take time off work.
- Holiday weekends: Some racing events, such as the Labor Day weekend event, are held on holiday weekends, providing an opportunity for fans to combine their love of racing with a long weekend getaway.
There you have it – everything you need to know about racing events at Mansfield Speedway. Whether you’re a seasoned racing fan or a newcomer to the sport, Mansfield Speedway is the perfect destination for a thrilling day at the races.
Where to Stay: Accommodations Near Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue
If you’re planning to attend an event at Mansfield Speedway, you’ll want to make sure you have a comfortable and convenient place to stay nearby. Here are some top accommodation options near Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue:
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Conference Center: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Mansfield Speedway, making it a great option for race fans. The hotel features comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
Comfort Inn Splash Harbor: This hotel is a family-friendly option located less than 10 miles from Mansfield Speedway. The hotel features an indoor water park, as well as comfortable rooms and complimentary breakfast.
Other Accommodation Options:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Mansfield: This budget-friendly hotel is located less than 3 miles from Mansfield Speedway and offers comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71: This hotel is located just a few miles from Mansfield Speedway and features comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and an indoor pool.
Tips for Choosing Accommodations Near Mansfield Speedway:
- Book Early: Accommodations near Mansfield Speedway can fill up quickly, especially during popular race weekends. Be sure to book your accommodations early to secure your preferred hotel and room type.
- Consider Amenities: Look for hotels that offer amenities that will make your stay more comfortable, such as free breakfast, a fitness center, or a pool.
- Check Reviews: Before booking your accommodations, read reviews from other travelers to get an idea of the hotel’s cleanliness, service, and overall quality.
Why Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue are Must-Visit Destinations
If you’re looking for an exciting destination that combines adrenaline-pumping racing events with beautiful scenery and accommodations, then Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue should be at the top of your list. Here are just a few reasons why these destinations are must-visits:
Thrilling Racing Events: Mansfield Speedway is known for hosting some of the most exhilarating racing events in the country. From stock cars to sprint cars, there’s always a race to watch that will leave you on the edge of your seat. Plus, the track’s unique design makes for a thrilling and unpredictable experience.
- Cozy Cabins: If you’re looking for a peaceful getaway, then the cozy cabins near Mansfield Speedway are the perfect choice. With breathtaking views and plenty of amenities, you can unwind after a long day at the races.
- Convenient Hotels: For those who prefer more traditional accommodations, there are plenty of hotels in the area that offer comfortable rooms and easy access to the track.
Beautiful Countryside: The area surrounding Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue is known for its picturesque countryside, with rolling hills, lush forests, and serene lakes. Whether you’re taking a leisurely drive or going for a hike, the scenery is sure to take your breath away.
With exciting racing events, comfortable accommodations, and stunning scenery, it’s no wonder that Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue are must-visit destinations. Plan your trip today and experience the thrill for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far is Mansfield Speedway from Eleanor Avenue Mansfield Ohio?
The distance between Mansfield Speedway and Eleanor Avenue in Mansfield, Ohio is approximately 1.5 miles.
What is the best way to get from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway?
The easiest and fastest way to get from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway is by driving.
How long does it take to travel from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway?
The travel time from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway usually takes about 5 minutes by car, depending on traffic.
Is there public transportation available from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway?
Yes, there is public bus transportation available from Eleanor Avenue to Mansfield Speedway.
What are the hours of operation for Mansfield Speedway?
The hours of operation for Mansfield Speedway vary depending on the day and event. It is recommended to check their website or social media pages for up-to-date information on hours and events.
Is there parking available at Mansfield Speedway?
Yes, there is parking available at Mansfield Speedway for both general and VIP guests. However, it is recommended to arrive early on race days to secure a good spot.