Buckle up, motorsports fans! Bandimere Speedway, nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Morrison, Colorado, is the ultimate destination for thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies. This historic racing track, owned and operated by the Bandimere family for over 60 years, has played host to some of the most exciting drag races in the country.
With a quarter-mile racing surface, an elevation of over 5,800 feet above sea level, and panoramic views of the stunning Colorado landscape, Bandimere Speedway offers a unique and unforgettable racing experience. Feel the roar of the engines and the sizzling heat of the track as you witness some of the fastest and most powerful cars in the world compete.
But Bandimere Speedway is more than just a racing track. It’s a community of passionate and dedicated motorsports enthusiasts who come together to share their love of speed and horsepower. Whether you’re a die-hard racing fan or just looking for a thrilling day out, Bandimere Speedway has something for everyone.
So, are you ready to experience the sizzling heat at Bandimere Speedway? Buckle up and join us as we take you on a wild ride through the history, the excitement, and the passion of one of the most iconic racing tracks in the world.
Unleash the Thrill of Racing at Bandimere Speedway
Located in Morrison, Colorado, Bandimere Speedway is a legendary drag racing track that has been hosting adrenaline-fueled events for over six decades. If you’re a racing enthusiast, you won’t want to miss the chance to experience the rush of this track.
The venue is named after the Bandimere family, who built the track in the 1950s. Since then, it has become a hub for high-speed racing in Colorado and beyond, with a long history of hosting some of the biggest drag racing events in the country. From the moment you step onto the grounds, you’ll be swept up in the excitement of the racing world.
The quarter-mile track at Bandimere Speedway is a sight to behold. It’s a classic “stadium-style” drag strip, with grandstands lining both sides of the track, providing ample viewing opportunities for spectators. The altitude of the track, which sits at over 5,800 feet above sea level, also presents a unique challenge for drivers, making it a favorite among racers looking to test their mettle.
- Thunder on the Mountain: This annual event is one of the biggest draws at Bandimere Speedway, featuring a packed schedule of racing, fireworks, and live music.
- Jet Car Nationals: Want to see some truly awe-inspiring vehicles? The Jet Car Nationals event at Bandimere Speedway features jet-powered dragsters that can reach speeds of up to 300 miles per hour.
- Wednesday Night Drags: Looking for a more laid-back racing experience? Wednesday Night Drags are a casual, fun way to test your skills on the track.
Bandimere Speedway offers a range of amenities to enhance your racing experience, including food and beverage vendors, souvenir stands, and a playground for children. Additionally, the facility is wheelchair accessible and offers assistance for those with disabilities.
Whether you’re a seasoned racing veteran or a first-time spectator, Bandimere Speedway is sure to deliver an unforgettable experience. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your visit today!
Why Bandimere Speedway is the Ultimate Destination for Motorsports Fans
If you’re a motorsports enthusiast, you won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to visit Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colorado. This track has been providing adrenaline-pumping excitement to racing fans for over six decades.
Bandimere Speedway’s location in the scenic Rocky Mountains makes it a unique venue for racing events. The track sits at an altitude of 5,800 feet, making it one of the highest drag strips in the world. This altitude can have a significant impact on vehicle performance, making races at Bandimere even more thrilling.
World-Class Racing Events
Bandimere Speedway hosts a variety of world-class racing events throughout the year, including the Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals, which is one of the most anticipated races of the year. The event attracts top drivers from around the world, and the excitement can be felt in the air.
- The Mile-High NHRA Nationals is a part of the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series and features drivers competing in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle categories.
- The track also hosts the Jet Car Nationals, where spectators can witness jet-powered vehicles flying down the track at speeds of over 300 mph.
Friendly Atmosphere and Great Facilities
Bandimere Speedway is known for its friendly atmosphere, and the staff goes out of their way to make sure visitors have a great experience. The facility offers ample parking, easy access to the track, and plenty of seating options for spectators.
- The venue has a large pit area where visitors can get up close and personal with the cars and drivers.
- Food and drink vendors are available throughout the facility, so you won’t have to go hungry or thirsty during the races.
Bandimere Speedway is a great place to spend the day with your family, with plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained. The Kid’s Zone is a popular attraction, with bounce houses, face painting, and other activities for children.
For adults, there’s a beer garden where you can relax and enjoy a cold one while watching the races. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even take a ride in a real dragster with the Dragster Adventure Program.
Overall, Bandimere Speedway is a must-visit destination for motorsports fans. Whether you’re a die-hard racing enthusiast or just looking for a fun day out with your family, this track has something for everyone. So, plan your visit today and experience the thrill of racing at Bandimere Speedway.
Explore the Fascinating History of Bandimere Speedway
Bandimere Speedway, located in Morrison, Colorado, is not just any ordinary racing track. It has a rich history that spans over six decades, making it a beloved destination for racing enthusiasts.
Founded in 1958 by John Bandimere Sr. and his wife Verna, Bandimere Speedway began as a humble racing venue that primarily hosted local races. However, with time, the speedway has grown into a world-class facility that has hosted some of the most prestigious racing events in the world.
The Early Days of Bandimere Speedway
During its early days, Bandimere Speedway was a dirt track, and the stands were made of wooden planks. Despite its humble beginnings, the speedway quickly became popular with local racing fans, and its reputation grew over the years.
However, it wasn’t until 1965 that the speedway made a significant change that would take it to the next level. The track was paved, and the grandstands were upgraded to provide a more comfortable experience for fans. This move marked a turning point for the speedway and opened the doors for more significant events to be hosted at the venue.
Memorable Moments in Bandimere Speedway’s History
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals: One of the most significant events hosted at Bandimere Speedway is the NHRA Mile-High Nationals. The event began in 1979 and has since become a fan favorite. It’s the first stop of the “Western Swing” and brings some of the top racers in the world to the speedway.
- Bob Glidden’s Record: In 1986, Bob Glidden set the Pro Stock record at Bandimere Speedway, recording a time of 7.431 seconds at 187.36 mph. The record stood for over two decades, highlighting the caliber of racers that have competed at the venue.
The Legacy of Bandimere Speedway
Today, Bandimere Speedway is still owned and operated by the Bandimere family, with the third generation now involved in its management. The speedway continues to host some of the most significant racing events in the world, cementing its place as a beloved destination for racing enthusiasts.
The rich history of Bandimere Speedway makes it a must-visit destination for any motorsports fan. From its humble beginnings as a local racing venue to hosting some of the most prestigious events in the world, the speedway’s legacy is a testament to the passion and dedication of the Bandimere family and the racing community.
What Makes Bandimere Speedway Stand Out Among Other Racing Tracks
If you are a racing enthusiast, you know that there are countless tracks out there, each with its own unique features and attractions. However, Bandimere Speedway stands out among the crowd for several reasons.
First, the track itself is a wonder to behold. Located high in the mountains just outside of Denver, Colorado, the natural beauty of the area provides an awe-inspiring backdrop to the races. The track is also unique in that it is a quarter-mile long, making it perfect for events such as the National Hot Rod Association’s Mile-High Nationals.
- Bandimere Speedway is home to some of the best facilities in the racing world, including a state-of-the-art timing system and one of the largest scoreboards in the industry.
- The track also boasts a first-class pit area and a spacious spectator area with plenty of seating and amenities to make your race day experience unforgettable.
A Family-Friendly Atmosphere
Bandimere Speedway is not just a place for racing enthusiasts. The track has a reputation for being a family-friendly destination that offers a variety of activities and events for all ages. From fireworks displays to live music, there is always something going on at the speedway.
A Commitment to Safety
- Bandimere Speedway is dedicated to the safety of its racers and spectators alike. The track has implemented strict safety protocols to ensure that everyone who visits the speedway can do so with peace of mind.
- These protocols include regular inspections of the track and facilities, as well as a team of trained medical professionals on hand during all races.
When it comes to racing tracks, there are plenty to choose from. However, Bandimere Speedway is a truly unique destination that stands out for its stunning location, top-notch facilities, family-friendly atmosphere, and commitment to safety. Whether you are a die-hard racing fan or just looking for a fun day out with the family, Bandimere Speedway has something for everyone.
How to Get the Best Experience at Bandimere Speedway
If you are planning to visit Bandimere Speedway, there are a few things you should know to make the most of your experience. Here are some tips to help you get the best experience at the speedway:
Arrive Early: To avoid traffic and find a good parking spot, plan to arrive at the speedway at least an hour before the event starts. This will also give you time to explore the vendor booths and get some food before the race begins.
- Comfortable Clothes: Dress in comfortable clothing and shoes since you will be walking around the speedway for several hours.
- Sun Protection: Bandimere Speedway is an outdoor venue, so make sure to wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Ear Protection: The noise level at the speedway can be quite high, so bring earplugs or earmuffs to protect your hearing.
Check the Schedule:
Make sure to check the schedule: Before attending the speedway, check the schedule to ensure that you don’t miss any of the events you want to see. You can find the schedule on the Bandimere Speedway website or app.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable experience at Bandimere Speedway. So, plan your visit today and enjoy the excitement of the races!
Discover the Local Attractions Surrounding Bandimere Speedway
If you’re visiting Bandimere Speedway for a race, why not make a weekend of it and explore the local attractions? Here are some of the top attractions in the area:
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: Just a short drive from the speedway, Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the area. The park features stunning rock formations, hiking trails, and a world-famous music venue.
Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave
- Museum: Learn about the life of legendary Wild West figure Buffalo Bill Cody at this fascinating museum, which houses artifacts and exhibits related to his life and career.
- Grave: Located atop Lookout Mountain, the gravesite of Buffalo Bill offers stunning views of the surrounding area and a chance to pay your respects to one of the West’s most iconic figures.
- Historic charm: Take a stroll through downtown Golden and soak up the town’s unique charm, which includes historic architecture, charming shops and restaurants, and a picturesque riverfront.
- Coors Brewery: Beer lovers won’t want to miss a tour of the Coors Brewery, one of the largest beer producers in the world. Sample some of the brewery’s iconic beers and learn about the brewing process on a guided tour.
No matter what your interests are, there’s plenty to see and do in the area surrounding Bandimere Speedway. Don’t miss the chance to explore this beautiful corner of Colorado!
6 Questions About the Temperature at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado
What is the average temperature at Bandimere Speedway?
The average temperature at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado ranges from 68-78°F during racing season, which typically runs from May through October.
What is the highest recorded temperature at Bandimere Speedway?
The highest recorded temperature at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado was 101°F during a race in July.
What is the lowest recorded temperature at Bandimere Speedway?
The lowest recorded temperature at Bandimere Speedway in Colorado was 32°F during a race in October.
Does the temperature change throughout the day at Bandimere Speedway?
Yes, the temperature at Bandimere Speedway can vary throughout the day depending on factors such as cloud cover and wind conditions.
What is the best time of day to visit Bandimere Speedway for comfortable temperatures?
The best time of day to visit Bandimere Speedway for comfortable temperatures is usually in the late afternoon or early evening when temperatures are cooler.
What should I wear to Bandimere Speedway based on the temperature?
During warmer temperatures, it is recommended to wear light and breathable clothing, while in cooler temperatures, layers and warmer clothing are recommended. Regardless of the temperature, comfortable shoes are a must for walking around the speedway.