Do you ever wake up in the morning just to find yourself a little bored? Today, we will tell you about a fun card game that you can play with your friends. This game is perfect for those hot summer days when you need some fun activity to pass the time. It’s cool and relaxing, yet it can be very competitive. So, let’s get started.
The Basics: Five Turns, Four Cards, One Player Wins
First of all, let’s talk about the rules of the game. Basically, you will be dealing with five turns—the game starts with two cards dealt face down and the others face up. Then, players may play a card—either face down or face up depending on the game’s rules. If you play a face down card, it is called a “scared card” because it will frighten your opponent if they see it before you play it. The objective of the game is to play cards that have the highest value. The first player to play a card that is worth the same value as the card played on the previous turn wins. So, let’s take a closer look at each card’s value:
- Two 0s: This is the easiest card to play. It is worth two points in the game.
- One 1, 2, or 3: This card is also easy to play. It is worth one point in the game.
- A Jack, Queen, or King: These cards are also worth one point in the game.
- A Page, Castle, or Boat: These cards are worth 0.5 points in the game.
- A Heart, Diamond, Club, or Spade: These cards are worth one point in the game.
Each card represents a different point value. One important thing to keep in mind is that the first player to play a card that matches the previous card wins. So, if you play a card with a value of two and your opponent plays a two as well, you will both win two points. However, if you both play cards with the value of one, you will only score one point.
The Card Values Can Vary
One of the things that make this game so interesting is that the value of a card can vary from one game to another. So, even if you play the same cards as your opponent, you will not necessarily win. This is because the rules of the game state that: “The values of the cards may be changed at any time by the game administrator.” So, if you’re stuck playing the same game as your opponent, you can always change the values of the cards.
Who Wants To Play?
The game’s theme is a car race (hence the name ‘Hotwheela’) and each card is related to a different type of vehicle. So, if you’re looking for something different, there are a variety of games available on Steam. You can browse through the theme’s available cards or search for a specific model of car to play. Alternatively, you can use the game’s creator’s website to download the game’s deck and all of its required software. Once you have installed the game, you can play without any further configuration.
A Bit Of History
The game is a spin-off of the highly successful ‘Draw Something.’ The developer of Draw Something, Hans Zimmer, developed Hotwheela City Speedway as a standalone game. He wanted to create something different than his last game and decided to do what he always does best: Make something unique and add his own spin to it!
Zimmer is best known for composing the soundtrack for films such as ‘The Dark Knight,’ ‘Jurassic Park,’ and ‘The Lion King.’ He also produced and arranged the music for the Broadway musical ‘Spring Awakening.’ So, if you love musicals, this is probably the game for you. Just make sure your friends don’t hate jazz music as much as you do.
The Components: Computer, Mobile Device, Deck Of Cards
To play Hotwheela City Speedway, you will need a computer and a mobile device. The mobile device serves as the interface between the two and allows players to take part in the game. The deck of cards is stored on the mobile device and will be used by both players during the game. However, players will have the ability to swap out some of the cards for different versions or for unique game effects.
The Mechanics: How Do You Play?
It’s important to note that there is no traditional strategy in Hotwheela City Speedway. Instead, players will need to learn how to read their opponent’s cards well and play cards that can put them away. The first player to do this will win the game.
So, how exactly do you play? First of all, look at the cards your opponent has played so far and determine what cards you have played or will play, based on the pattern your opponent has set. Once you know what cards are left in your deck, you can start playing.
Here are some tips on how to play optimally:
- Don’t hesitate to play a card that will scare your opponent. The key to this game is to instill fear in your opponent. So, if you have an ace up your sleeve, play it. If not, play a card that will make them afraid. Your goal is to cause fear in your opponent. This is because any card that makes your opponent afraid will become your trump card in the event of a stalemate. To put it simply, if you can’t win, you can always draw a trump card. Of course, this assumes that you have one.
- It is always better to play a card that will frighten your opponent. Never play a card that will make your opponent smile. They will always outscore you if you do this. Plus, you will cause yourself more harm than good if you smile when playing this type of card.
- Similarly, don’t play a card that will make your opponent happy or unlucky, unless you are trying to secure an advantage. If you play a happy card or a cursed card, you will give yourself an extra turn. So, if you think that this will help you win the game, then go for it. Otherwise, it’s best to stay away from these types of cards.
- A wise choice would be to play a card that is in the middle ground. If you have an ace up your sleeve, play it. If not, then play a card that your opponent will not expect. This way, you will catch them unawares and cause them to make a mistake. Remember: Even though this is a fast-paced game, mistakes happen. So, be careful not to make too many mistakes. Players who make too many mistakes usually lose. So, if you want to win, make sure you don’t do anything careless. Always keep one step ahead of your opponent.
Play a few hands with your friends and see how the game is. Once you have played a few games and get the hang of it, you can play against the computer or another human player. The game’s creator, Hans Zimmer, was kind enough to provide a helpful how-to guide if you get stuck during gameplay. Just make sure you don’t get too frustrated as there is no traditional strategy in this game. Instead, you will need to learn how to play cards that can beat your opponent.