If you’re looking for a great place to spend an afternoon or evening, look no further than Texas Motor Speedway. The speedway, which is located in Fort Worth, Texas, is easily accessible from the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and offers big-time motorsport action each weekend. If you’re not familiar, Texas Motor Speedway was originally known as Texas Stadium because it was used for athletic events in the state. It later became known as Texas World Trade Center before being renamed back to its original name.
What To Do At Texas Motor Speedway
Each year, thousands of people make the trek to Texas Motor Speedway to catch some motorsport action. You’ll notice that the track is quite large, so it can host races of all kinds (even school buses!). As a result, there’s always something going on at the speedway. Here’s a short list of the things you can do at Texas Motor Speedway:
- Racing – There are currently three big races that take place at the speedway each year: The Fort Worth Stock Show Midget Auto Racing Festival, the Texas National RV & Camping Championship, and the WinStar World Series.
- Kid’s Day – Each year, the track hosts the popular Kids’ Day event where families and friends can come together to enjoy some motorsport action. There are various activities hosted at the speedway, such as concerts, food trucks, games, and more.
- Lawn Mower– You may be familiar with the annual Motorcycle Motocross races that take place in the summer at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Well, you can also find a similar bike race at Texas Motor Speedway each year in the summer. It’s a popular event, and it attracts top-notch talent as well. It’s free to enter and open to the public.
- Sporting Events – There are also some major sporting events that take place at the speedway. It once hosted a concert by the Rolling Stones that was filmed for italy’s The Greatest Hit. You may remember the Stones’ song, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” from the movie classic, Any Which Way You Can. The speedway also hosted a NCAA basketball game between North Texas and Louisiana Tech during the 2011-12 season.
- Music Festivals – Another thing that the track hosts is various music festivals. Some of these are:
- The Verizon Wireless Festival – This is an annual festival held in May to celebrate the wireless carrier’s introduction of the iPhone in early 2007. With over 50 performances from top-name artists, it’s very likely you’ll hear at least one of the following artists during the festival: The Beach Boys, The Eagles, The Four Tops, The Kinks, The Beatles, and more.
- The Greater Fort Worth Asian Festival – This event takes place every October and features top-name bands and hundreds of performers from all over Asia. It was originally started by a group of citizens in 2009 in order to celebrate the region’s diverse population. The festival highlights the beauty of Asian culture through performances by local and visiting artists.
- Symphony In The City – This annual festival, which is free, takes place in May and showcases the best in classical music. Some of the world’s top-name performers will take the stage, including Yo-Yo Ma, Sarah Chang, and the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra.
Where To Eat & Drink At Texas Motor Speedway
As you’d expect, restaurants and bars are located at the speedway, and they offer a variety of cuisines. You’ll find everything from American fare to Asian food and even some unique local options like Chinese barbecue. There’s also a small market on site that sells snacks and beverages. You’ll want to stop by there before you leave the venue.
You may be wondering where to stay at Texas Motor Speedway since most of the attractions are outside. That’s where the excellent news comes in. There are actually a number of luxurious hotels located inside the gates of the speedway. Some of these hotels even have indoor pools and/or spa treatments available. You may want to consider one of these places if you’re looking for a relaxing getaway.
Another option that you have is to rent a luxury motor home and avoid all of the hassles of staying at a traditional hotel. You can’t beat the convenience of staying in the vehicle that is fully equipped with everything you could need for a relaxing vacation. There are plenty of luxurious motor homes that you can rent near the speedway, and the following are some of the best:
Tips For Visiting Texas Motor Speedway
Since you’ll be traveling to such a popular sports venue, you may want to consider planning a bit beforehand. That way, you’ll have an idea of what to expect. Here are some useful tips for visiting Texas Motor Speedway: