Are you looking for an adrenaline-pumping experience in Southern California? Look no further than Perris Auto Speedway. Located in the heart of Riverside County, this hidden gem is a must-visit destination for any racing enthusiast. From sprint cars to stock cars, Perris Auto Speedway has it all.
Despite its popularity among the racing community, many visitors struggle to locate this elusive track. Fear not – we’re here to help you unlock the mystery. In this article, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about finding Perris Auto Speedway. From its rich history to insider tips for an unforgettable experience, we’ve got you covered.
The Ultimate Guide to Finding Perris Auto Speedway
Located in the heart of Riverside County, Perris Auto Speedway is one of the top racing destinations in Southern California. Whether you’re a seasoned racing fan or a first-time spectator, there’s something for everyone at this legendary track. In this ultimate guide, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about finding Perris Auto Speedway and having an unforgettable racing experience.
History of Perris Auto Speedway
- Established in 1996, Perris Auto Speedway has a rich history of hosting some of the most exciting races in the country.
- Owned and operated by Don Kazarian, the track has been home to numerous racing events over the years, including the prestigious USAC/CRA Sprint Car Series.
- Perris Auto Speedway’s half-mile clay oval has been the site of many memorable races and is considered one of the premier racing venues in the region.
Getting to Perris Auto Speedway
While Perris Auto Speedway may be a bit off the beaten path, finding the track is easier than you might think. Here are some tips for getting to the track:
- Address: The official address for Perris Auto Speedway is 18700 Lake Perris Drive, Perris, CA 92571.
- Directions: Take the 215 Freeway to the Ramona Expressway, then head east to Lake Perris Drive. Turn right onto Lake Perris Drive and follow it to the track.
- Parking: There is plenty of parking available at the track, including handicapped parking near the front entrance.
Tips for a Great Racing Experience
If you’re planning to attend a race at Perris Auto Speedway, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your experience:
- Arrive early: Gates open two hours before race time, so arriving early will give you plenty of time to explore the track and find your seats.
- Bring earplugs: Racing can be loud, so make sure to bring earplugs to protect your hearing.
- Stay hydrated: Racing can be hot and exhausting, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
With this ultimate guide, you’re now ready to find Perris Auto Speedway and enjoy a thrilling racing experience. See you at the track!
Discovering the Hidden Gem of Southern California Racing
If you’re a fan of racing and find yourself in Southern California, you won’t want to miss Perris Auto Speedway. This hidden gem is a world-class track that has been hosting exciting racing events for over 25 years. With a variety of events throughout the year, Perris Auto Speedway is the perfect destination for any racing enthusiast.
Located in the city of Perris, California, this 1/2 mile clay oval track has become a fan favorite among local residents and tourists alike. Perris Auto Speedway boasts some of the best dirt track racing in the country, with a wide range of classes and events for fans of all ages.
Events and Classes at Perris Auto Speedway
- Sprint Cars: Sprint cars are one of the most popular classes at Perris Auto Speedway. These high-powered, winged cars are a fan favorite and always put on an exciting show.
- IMCA Modifieds: The IMCA Modifieds class features cars that are specially modified for dirt track racing. These cars are known for their high speeds and close racing.
- Stock Cars: The stock car class is a fan favorite and features cars that are very similar to those found on the streets. These cars are modified for racing and always put on an exciting show.
The History of Perris Auto Speedway
Perris Auto Speedway was built in 1996 by Don Kazarian and has been a Southern California racing staple ever since. The track was designed by famed track designer Ron Shaver, who has designed some of the best dirt tracks in the world. Over the years, Perris Auto Speedway has played host to some of the biggest events in dirt track racing, including the USAC/CRA Sprint Car Series, the World of Outlaws, and the AMA Flat Track Series.
Whether you’re a die-hard racing fan or just looking for a fun night out, Perris Auto Speedway is the perfect destination. With its exciting events, world-class facilities, and passionate fans, it’s easy to see why Perris Auto Speedway is a hidden gem of Southern California racing.
Unraveling the History of Perris Auto Speedway
As one of the premier dirt track racing venues in Southern California, Perris Auto Speedway has a storied history dating back to the early 1990s. Originally built in 1996 by Don Kazarian, the track has been the site of countless thrilling races and memorable moments over the years.
From its early days as a half-mile dirt track, to the present day as a quarter-mile facility, Perris Auto Speedway has undergone numerous changes and improvements to become the world-class racing venue it is today. Let’s take a closer look at the history of this iconic track.
Early Days of Perris Auto Speedway
- Construction began in 1995 by Don Kazarian, a former sprint car driver and owner.
- The original half-mile dirt track opened in 1996, hosting its first event on March 30th.
- The track’s inaugural season featured a number of top drivers and was met with great fanfare.
Changes and Improvements Over the Years
Over the years, Perris Auto Speedway has undergone numerous changes and improvements to enhance the racing experience for drivers and fans alike.
- In 2003, the track was shortened to its current quarter-mile length, providing a tighter and more competitive racing surface.
- Additional seating was added in 2007, increasing the track’s capacity to more than 11,000 spectators.
- The track has continued to make upgrades and improvements to its facilities, including new lighting and sound systems, improved concessions, and more.
Memorable Moments at Perris Auto Speedway
Over the years, Perris Auto Speedway has been the site of many memorable moments and thrilling races.
- In 1997, driver Lealand McSpadden set the track record with a lap time of 15.432 seconds.
- In 2007, NASCAR star Tony Stewart competed in a USAC midget race at the track.
- The track has hosted numerous championship races and special events, including the annual Budweiser Oval Nationals and the SoCal Showdown.
From its early days to the present, Perris Auto Speedway has been a beloved and iconic venue in the world of dirt track racing. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a casual spectator, there’s no denying the history and excitement that can be found at this hidden gem of Southern California racing.
Exploring the Thrills and Chills of Perris Auto Speedway
Perris Auto Speedway has been providing adrenaline-pumping entertainment for over 25 years. With a reputation for hosting some of the most exciting races in Southern California, the speedway draws fans and drivers from all over the country. From the thunderous roar of the engines to the smell of burning rubber, Perris Auto Speedway offers an unforgettable experience for motorsports enthusiasts and casual spectators alike.
While the main attraction at Perris Auto Speedway is undoubtedly the racing, the venue also offers a variety of other entertainment options. Fans can enjoy delicious food and drinks from the concession stands, browse the merchandise booths for souvenirs, or simply soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow fans. Whether you’re a die-hard racing fan or just looking for a fun day out, Perris Auto Speedway has something for everyone.
History of Perris Auto Speedway
Perris Auto Speedway was first opened in 1996, and has since become one of the premier racing venues in the country. The speedway was built on the site of the former Riverside County Fairgrounds, and has hosted a wide range of events over the years, including sprint car races, stock car races, and motorcycle races.
One of the defining features of Perris Auto Speedway is its unique shape. The track is a half-mile, clay oval, which provides a challenging and exciting course for drivers. The speedway has also undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years, including the addition of new grandstands, safety features, and lighting systems.
Types of Races at Perris Auto Speedway
- Sprint Car Races: Sprint car racing is one of the most popular types of races at Perris Auto Speedway. These high-powered cars can reach speeds of up to 140 mph, and provide some of the most thrilling and competitive races you’ll ever see.
- Stock Car Races: Stock car racing is another popular option at Perris Auto Speedway. These races feature modified production cars, and are known for their fast-paced action and close finishes.
- Motorcycle Races: For fans of two-wheeled action, Perris Auto Speedway also hosts a variety of motorcycle races throughout the year. From flat track racing to motocross, there’s something for every type of motorcycle racing enthusiast.
Visiting Perris Auto Speedway
If you’re interested in experiencing the thrills and chills of Perris Auto Speedway for yourself, there are a few things you should know before you go. First and foremost, be sure to check the schedule and buy your tickets in advance, as races can sell out quickly. Additionally, make sure to dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking. Finally, don’t forget to bring your camera and capture all the action and excitement of this world-class racing venue.
The Best Kept Secrets of Perris Auto Speedway
Located in Southern California, Perris Auto Speedway is a popular destination for racing enthusiasts from all over the world. However, there are a few secrets that even regular visitors may not be aware of. Let’s explore some of the best-kept secrets of Perris Auto Speedway!
First, did you know that Perris Auto Speedway has a museum? The museum features a collection of cars, photos, and memorabilia from the history of the track. It’s a great way to learn more about the history of Perris Auto Speedway and the sport of racing in general.
Secrets of the Track
One of the secrets of Perris Auto Speedway is that the track is designed to be extremely challenging for drivers. The turns are tight, and the track surface can be unpredictable. This makes for exciting races, but it also requires a great deal of skill from the drivers. Another secret of the track is that it’s larger than it looks. The speedway is actually a half-mile long, which gives drivers plenty of room to show off their skills.
The Best Time to Visit
- The best time to visit Perris Auto Speedway is during the spring and summer months. The weather is usually perfect for outdoor activities, and the speedway hosts a variety of events during this time. From sprint cars to modifieds, there is always something exciting happening at Perris Auto Speedway.
- If you’re looking for a unique experience, consider visiting Perris Auto Speedway during one of their special events. The track hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the popular Night of Destruction. During this event, drivers compete in a variety of races and stunts that are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Tickets and Seating
When it comes to tickets and seating, one of the secrets of Perris Auto Speedway is that you can save money by purchasing tickets in advance. You can also save money by purchasing a season pass, which gives you access to all of the speedway’s events throughout the year. If you’re looking for the best seats in the house, consider purchasing a VIP package. These packages include premium seating and other perks, such as access to the VIP lounge.
As you can see, Perris Auto Speedway has a lot to offer. From its challenging track to its exciting events, there are plenty of secrets to discover. So why not plan a visit and experience it for yourself?
Insider Tips for a Memorable Experience at Perris Auto Speedway
If you’re planning a trip to Perris Auto Speedway, you’re in for an unforgettable experience. With thrilling races and a lively atmosphere, this Southern California venue is the perfect destination for racing fans. To ensure you have the best time possible, keep these insider tips in mind.
First, arrive early to get the best seats. Parking and seating can fill up quickly, especially during popular events. Consider bringing folding chairs or cushions for added comfort. Second, dress appropriately for the weather. Perris can get hot during the day, but temperatures can drop quickly at night. Wear layers to stay comfortable throughout the day and night.
Choose Your Seats Wisely
When selecting your seats, keep in mind the type of race and your personal preferences. If you prefer to see the entire track, opt for seats high up in the stands. If you want to be close to the action, look for seats near the finish line or on the infield. Additionally, consider purchasing tickets in advance to ensure you get the seats you want.
Explore the Concessions
- Bring cash to avoid long lines at the ATM
- Try the famous carne asada fries from the Mexican food stand
- Get a souvenir cup to enjoy discounted refills all night
One of the highlights of Perris Auto Speedway is the variety of food and drinks available. From classic stadium fare to specialty food stands, there’s something for everyone. To make the most of your experience, consider exploring the concessions early on and trying out some new treats. Keep in mind that lines can get long, so plan accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the location of Perris Auto Speedway?
Perris Auto Speedway is located in Perris, California, about 70 miles southeast of Los Angeles. The address of the speedway is 18700 Lake Perris Drive, Perris, CA 92571.
What type of events are held at Perris Auto Speedway?
Perris Auto Speedway hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including sprint car races, stock car races, motorcycle races, and monster truck shows. There are events for all ages and interests, so be sure to check the schedule to see what’s coming up.
What are the ticket prices for events at Perris Auto Speedway?
Ticket prices for events at Perris Auto Speedway vary depending on the type of event and the seating area. Prices typically range from $10 to $40 per person. Children under 5 years old are usually free.
What are the parking options at Perris Auto Speedway?
Parking at Perris Auto Speedway is free and ample. There is plenty of on-site parking available, including designated areas for disabled parking. Be sure to arrive early to secure a good parking spot.
What are the food and beverage options at Perris Auto Speedway?
Perris Auto Speedway has several concession stands and food trucks located throughout the speedway. They offer a variety of food and beverage options, including burgers, hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and soft drinks. Alcoholic beverages are also available for those 21 and over with proper identification.