The new year has already started, which means some of you might already be making plans to attend a NASCAR race later this year. Perhaps you are even considering making the trip over to North Carolina to attend the annual NASCAR Cup Series playoff race – the “Final Four” in motorsport jargon – at Charlotte Motor Speedway. If so, congratulations! You are making the right decision, and we hope we are able to provide some tips on how to make the most of your trip. Let’s get into it.
What To Bring
As the name would suggest, CMSpark is located in North Carolina, which means you will be traveling there from somewhere else. You are therefore going to have to consider what you will need for the trip. This includes things like;
- Clothing – Obviously you will want to feel comfortable in the place you are visiting, and the weather there can be quite different from what you are used to. Hot and humid summers, freezing winters, and thunderstorms are all part of the mix. So make sure to pack accordingly. Also, because there are going to be lots of people around you, make sure to bring some comfortable clothes.
- Luggage – When you are traveling, you are usually going to be carrying lots of belongings with you. To save you some excess weight, buy only what you need and don’t bring your suitcases from home with you. Even if you have a small car, you will still need a large suitcase to bring all your clothes and other items you might need for the trip. Another thing you could try is packing your stuff well, so you can maximize the available space in each suitcase. Make sure to pack things like deodorizers and air fresheners, because you will most likely need them while traveling. If you do get sick of the smells in the vehicle, there are several products you could use to remove them, but you will have to find them yourself, as most travel stores don’t stock these items. For example, if you are going to Daytona for the annual NASCAR race, you will most likely need a suitcase full of medication and vitamin C tablets – which you could certainly find in the local drugstore, but it would be simpler just to bring them along with you from home. Also, make sure you bring a flashlight and a few batteries with you. While driving at night isn’t dangerous, it can be disorienting. Especially during thunderstorms, when you are probably driving on rain-slicked roads, it can be hard to see where you are going. So having a flashlight on hand could potentially be a huge help, especially if you are trying to navigate an unfamiliar area. Finally, cell phones don’t work in some places, so be sure to bring some extra chargers along as well.
- Bedding & Towels – You will most likely be staying at a hotel during your visit, and you are therefore going to need some nice, comfortable bedding and towels. If you are planning to bring your own towels, it would be wise to bring extra sets as well. Of course, if you are staying at a hotel, they will take care of providing you with clean towels. However, if you forgot to pack some, there might not be any left at the hotel. Bedding and towels are two items you can be certain of. You are going to need them or you are going home!
- Kitchen Sufficient – You will most likely be spending most of your time at the hotel either in the room or in the common areas, so you need to make sure you have everything you need to cook your food. Fortunately, this shouldn’t be a problem, as there are usually restaurants nearby the hotel, and most offer pretty good food. You however, might not feel like eating out all the time, especially if you are still trying to save money for the trip. In this case, you could always cook your meals at the hotel. It is usually not that difficult. Many hotels have fully equipped kitchens, and with the right equipment, it is quite easy to cook your own food. This way, you will be able to save money, and you will also be healthier. What is more, the hotel staff will be able to prepare fresh eggs and bacon for you every morning, if you are a bit low on funds. So, don’t forget to pack your kitchenware and other essentials. You won’t be able to take everything you need, however, make sure you bring enough for the trip. As previously mentioned, the food there can be expensive, so try to stay away from restaurants and shop at chain stores that have multiple locations, so you can get your food and go back to your room without having to wait in line. Also, try to choose a hotel that offers a kitchen, so you don’t have to spend your time in the dining room.
- Entertainment – This is quite an important one, especially if you are going to be in a new place for a long time. You will most likely want to take along your own entertainment equipment aswell. Otherwise, there might not be anything available to watch or play on in the hotel. This can be quite frustrating if you are looking for some relaxation after a long day. As a general rule, it is best to choose a hotel that provides the entertainment you are looking for. However, if this is not possible, make sure you ask the hotel staff about other amenities, such as a pool or a gym. Even if you don’t have an attraction to any of these things, it is always better to know what is available than to find out you don’t have any place to spend your time. For example, if you are going to a football game or a concert, it would be wise to research what the best available seats are before heading there. This way, you won’t be disappointed, and you can make the most of your trip.
- Valuable – You will most likely pack your valuables in a safe in the closet at the hotel. However, make sure to pack documents and other important items you might need in the event of an emergency. Fortunately, this is a pretty safe place to keep your belongings. It would only take a break-in to lose your valuables, but the chance of this happening is minimal. Still, you might want to leave a note on your door, in case somebody enters your room while you are not there. This will then remind you where your belongings are, and ensure you remember to pack them when you return.
Once you have packed all these essentials, it’s time to think about;